Friday 4 January 2013

Hawaii 2012

okay so in december I went to Hawaii for my Christmas present from my hubby :)

AMAZING!! such a great time!! so here it is my post about my lovely trip of escaping the -20C some weather and going to the sunny +28 HAWAII!!!!

So we left Dec. 4 and came home Dec. 16

Early morning flight 6:55am but of course whenever I fly with hubby which last time it was our honeymoon something has to go wrong. Plane delayed till 9!! because of maintenance so we missed our connecting flight :'( Instead of spending an afternoon relaxing on the beach I was waiting for the next plane which was 6 hours later!! didn't get to hawaii till about midnight and didn't get to the hotel till about 4am our time. WHAT A LONG DAY! I just like complaining about it forgive me. But the people at the airport were really generous towards us since they didn't want us waiting 6 hours at the gate, they gave us $20 each towards food in the airport and a free hotel room at the Fairmont hotel in the airport. BEAUTIFUL hotel best one I've probably ever stayed in. Shampoo smelled soo good! it was nice even if it was only for a few hours.

Ok so honeymoon time in case your wondering, went to San Juan Peurto Rico and had a layover in Toronto and the airline lost our luggage and didn't get it till 3 days later! but we got a bunch of money from the airline to buy our necessities.

Our hotel was kind of ghetto lol didn't have very good sound proof walls woke up to the neighbors having "fun" in bed. haha,
This was in Waikiki, Oahu.
went to this veteran cemetary that was in a crater it was cool.
A military museum awesome! saw american tanks and japanese tanks.
Went on a tour to Kualoa Ranch where every movie that was ever filmed in Hawaii was filmed there. So Jurassic Park (saw that famous dead tree), You, Me, and Dupree, Mighty Joe Young, 50 First Dates, Journey 2, Godzilla (his footprint had to be filled in with dirt because it is a ranch and cows kept falling into print at night), Pearl Harbour and a bunch of other movies I've never hear of lol.

Later on we went to the Laie LDS Temple so beautiful!! Love the driveway area up to the temple very creative how they did it. If I lived in a mansion I'd want my driveway being that way :) haha
POLYNESIAN CULTURAL CENTRE!!!! how much fun can you have in one place??
went to the buffet dinner and the show! Wow I was truly amazed of how they did it. I really enjoyed the show and the whole place its great experiencing the different cultures.
One day we drove all around the Island and visited basically all the beaches! haha and there's always surfers at every beach! North Shore Beach people were setting up drum roll!!!! PIPEMASTERS!! AHH! a very popular surfer competition and there was tonnes of surfers there and more were getting in the water. We just sat there and watched surfers biff it (mean to say I know but it's fun to watch) they were all good.
We watched a 2 hour parade! longest parade I've ever been too! the Pearl Harbor Parade. It was ok lots of people cheerleaders, cars, motorcyclists, cloggers, and Miss Teen Hawaii and a bunch of other missies lol
Oh I forgot best part our rental car was a ford taurus! huge car!anyways went to Pearl Harbor before we left the island to go to HAWAII BIG ISLAND! yay! Pearl Harbor was awesome Allan loved it as he likes big ships and submarines. Saw the peace treaties between U.S.A and Japan and the spot it was signed. Plus Hangar 79! that is still damaged from WWII and all the planes that were used. Plus the plane that was sent on the special mission after Hawaii got bombed and it is HUGE!

Then we left the Island :( and went to another one :) YAY! haha, stayed in this townhouse which was awesome because we did laundry for FREE!! but sadest thing I think I forgot my sweater there (it was not a cheap sweater either!! GRRR). It was super fun went to Mount Loa and drove up it in a ford focus haha not a fun drive up in a small vehicle like that. It was COLD! but we saw the world observatories, and the sunset. VOLCANOES! theyre always fun walked on 22yr lava and lava that wasn't even 2 years old! So the lava switched flow directions and wiped out this community and now not even 2 years later they've rebuilt upon the lava. It's an interesting sight seeing all this black and just houses on top of it. We saw lava well the reflection of it wasn't allowed to get closer towards this crater that has lava flow. Still cool.

Then after all that volcano stuff we flew on the smallest plane I've ever been on! one propeller plane fits about 9? I was sitting right behind the co-captain and could see the gizmos they use to fly the plane and we never flew past 8000ft it was like a tour plane. then MAUI!! I loved it not as touristy as Oahu but not as dead as the big island. Did the beach there walked to the mall just down the beach. Saw a magic show it was cool to see. SCUBA DIVING!! what fun! loved it! and I am now a certified diver :) YAY YAY!! it sucked that we had to get salt water in the eyes for the class but everything went good. Last day there we just relaxed on the beach :) and before we left the hotel did a goodbye ceremony for us and gave us laies which I really like.

here are a few pictures of my trip. in no particular order.

 Green sand beach! only accessible one in the world!


 Diamond Head Crater



Only reminder that it is Christmas time

Akaka Falls



 the red is lava

No comments:

Post a Comment